Extremely Unhappy Canadian (and other) Cell Phone Users. Why does the government allow cell phone providers to behave like this?
The Smart Phone I’m thinking of buying. Or maybe not. I won’t buy an iPhone because I don’t want Apple telling me what I may or may not install on my phone.
Thank you Lord– Manitoba does something that actually benefits voters instead of corporations. When, Ontario?
From reading endlessly about customers’ experiences with cell phone services:
- the salesmen will lie through their teeth to sign you up
- they will break contracts and deny you services with impunity. They don’t even seem to fear bad customer relations.
- if your phone breaks for whatever reason and you can’t use the service they are providing, and can’t get a replacement phone, they will gleefully continue to bill you to the full term of the contract. Unlike the utility companies– water, gas– they don’t need to actually provide you with any product in order to get your money
- they will make it as difficult as possible to resolve any issues you may have
- the goal of the “contract” is to squeeze you for as much money as they possibly can while providing as little real service as possible
I believe they must now rank near lawyers and auto repair shops in terms of customer satisfaction.
All Contents Copyright © Bill Van Dyk
2011 All Rights Reserved